Call for Abstract / Abstract Submission
1. Call for Abstracts for the XVIth International Symposium on Amyloidosis
Abstract submission has been closed.
October 31 November 30 December 4, 2017: Deadline for abstract submission
November 30 December 15, 2017: Notification of acceptance
・The Symposium language is English.
・Types of abstracts
Only abstracts that contain original data can be submitted. Abstracts can be submitted for a poster session and/or an oral presentation. All abstracts will be evaluated for scientific content by the Scientific Committee. Authors will receive acknowledgement of acceptance November 30, 2017. They will also be informed about the type of presentation (poster or oral) and the respective guidelines and instructions. If an abstract is selected for oral presentation, the presenting author as specified at submission will be requested to present it in the assigned session. If an abstract is accepted as a poster presentation, the presenting author will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing session.
Abstracts directly related to one of the subject categories of the Symposium are welcome. Material will be considered for presentation only if it has been submitted in the form of a one-page abstract. Accepted abstracts will be collected in a booklet and distributed at the start of the Symposium. Please ensure that your abstract does not contain spelling, grammatical or scientific errors, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. No proofreading will be done.
USE Abstract template provided in Abstract registration form.
Submit as the template Word document – One single A4 page (including graph, figure or table).
Tables, figures and graphs: Do not include more than one small graph, figure or table.
Abbreviations should be avoided and if used, explained. No abbreviations may be used in the title.
All presenting authors must be registered as attendees of the Symposium for acceptance of the submitted abstract.
- Application/registration of abstracts can be submitted online from this website.
- Form of presentation (Oral / Poster)
- Category 1 (ATTR / AL / AA / Others)
- Category 2 (Basic science / Clinical research)
- Application of president award (Not apply / Apply)
3. Form of presentation
- The time for oral presentations is limited, consult the program for information.
- A 15 minutes session includes 8 minutes talk and 5 minutes for questions.
- Presentation should be in PowerPoint and stored on a USB flash drive.
- Speakers should bring their presentations to the PC preview desk(located the main hall, 2F) at least 2 hour ahead. A media tech team will be available for help and provide additional instructions.
- If you present during the morning session, hand in your presentation the day before.
- Please include the Abstract number and presenter’s name in the PowerPoint file name.
- The data will be handled responsibly and deleted after the presentation.
- The speaker of the oral presentation must be registered for the Symposium
- Posters are identified by PA（March 26）, PB（March 27） and PC（March 28） followed by the number of the board.
- The size of the poster board is 210 cm high and 90 cm wide. Posters must fit into this format. (Recommended poster size140cm x 90cm).
- Posters should be mounted preferable before the meeting starts in the morning.
- The presenter should be near his/her poster during allocated poster time.
- The presenter of the poster must be registered for the symposium.
- Posters must be removed at the end of the last poster session of each day.
4. President award
Either oral or poster presentation by a young investigator (<40 years old) will be selected each day throughout the symposium for an award. Judging will be done by the scientific Committee. Winners will receive a prize. Only young researchers who are actually present at the symposium will be eligible for an award. Total of 30 awards will be given.
5. Notification of receipt and acceptance
Notification of abstract acceptance status will be emailed to the contact author listed on the abstract or inform you at website after
November 30 December 15, 2017.
6. About program
About program will be emailed to the contact author listed on the abstract or inform you at website after January 15, 2018.
7. Abstract submission site
ISA2018 Executive Secretariat
Global MICE Centre, Kyushu Corporation Branch, Nippon Travel Agency
5F Nihon Seimei Hakata-Ekimae Building, 3-2-1 Hakata Station, Hakata, Fukuoka 812-0011 JAPAN